Malaysian teen dies after he was electrocuted while using earphones that was connected to a charging mobile phone

The teen fell asleep wearing the earphones which were connected to his phone which was being charged. His mother had, later on, found his dead body with blood pouring from his ears


                            Malaysian teen dies after he was electrocuted while using earphones that was connected to a charging mobile phone

According to reports from local media, a 16-year-old Malaysian boy died on Monday after he was fatally electrocuted while charging his cell phone. The New Straits Times reported that Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin was believed to have been wearing earphones while the mobile phone was charging. He was left with blood pouring from his burnt ear after the incident, Daily Mail reports.

 Photos of the victim are circulating on social media as a warning to cell phone users who use their devices while charging them at the same time. (Getty)
 Photos of the victim are circulating on social media as a warning to cell phone users who use their devices while charging them at the same time. (Getty)

The report claimed that as the teenager's mother was leaving for work in the morning, she saw him lying on the floor. However, she thought he was sleeping.

His mother later "felt uneasy" at work and decided to head home. It was then that she realized her son had passed away. According to the newspaper, District Police Chief Deputy Superintendent Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam said: "At home, she found him in the same position. She then tried to wake him up and as she touched him, the boy's body felt cold."

The devastated mother immediately contacted medical authorities, who dispatched a medical officer to the residence near the town of Rembau in the state of Negeri Sembilan in Malaysia. Anuar Bakri said the medical officer confirmed that the boy had died "hours earlier."

The boy was found motionless in his bed by his mother (Pexels)
The boy was found motionless in his bed by his mother (Pexels)

"Checks showed no sign of bruises or injuries. However, there was bleeding in the boy's left ear," he said. He added that a post-mortem conducted at Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital indicated the boy had died of electrocution.

Zahrin's brother also claimed that he felt a small electric shock when he touched the cable. Now, photos of the boy are circulating on social media as a warning to cell phone users who use their devices while charging them at the same time.