Madeleine McCann is dead, say officials who claim they have 'some evidence' to prove it: 'We don't have the body'

Madeleine McCann prosecutor claims to have evidence that she is dead despite having no proof of a body


                            Madeleine McCann is dead, say officials who claim they have 'some evidence' to prove it: 'We don't have the body'
(Getty Images)

According to a prosecutor in the Madeleine McCann case, he has the "evidence" that could prove Madeleine is dead, however, he warned he does not have enough evidence to charge the German suspect, Christian Brueckner. 

Hans Christian Wolters appealed to the public, especially tourists and expats to help identify the suspect's many homes so that the authorities could find Maddie's body. Wolters said that the prosecutors were missing the 'hard evidence' which is the only thing that can take Brueckner to court and give Madeleine's parents, Katy and Gerry McCann, closure in a case they have been fighting for 13 years now. 

While speaking to Sky News, Wolters shared, "All indications we have got that I can't tell you points in the direction that Madeleine is dead. The hard evidence we don’t have, we don’t have the crucial evidence of Madeline McCann’s body. 

"We [have] got things we cannot communicate that speak for the theory that Madeleine is dead, even if I have to admit that we don't have the body."

"We expect that she is dead, but we don’t have enough evidence that we can get a warrant for our suspect in Germany for the murder of Madeleine McCann. At the moment we also don’t have enough proof for a trial at court, but we have some evidence that the suspect has done the deed," he said. "That’s why we need more information from people, especially places he has lived so we can target theses places especially and search there for Madeleine," he continued. Wolters also believes there are other British victims of the convicted pedophile and rapist and new accusations are being heaped upon Brueckner as more details are being investigated.

Brueckner, 43, is currently serving out a seven-year jail term for raping an American woman, 72, in Praia da Luz, Portugal. He is housed at the Kiel Jail in northern Germany. He is now the prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance from 13 years ago.

Madeleine vanished at the age of 3 while she was on a vacation with her parents at a Portuguese resort in May 2007. Portuguese police are being questioned about why Brueckner was not identified earlier as a suspect, given he had child sex abuse convictions dating back to 1994. and was living two miles from the resort where Madeleine vanished. However, a senior Portuguese official has defended the force saying Brueckner was thoroughly investigated four years ago and no proof of his involvement was found, so he is  'innocent' in Madeleine's disappearance. 

Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of the missing 4-year-old British girl Madeleine McCann, hold up a picture of Madeleine during a press conference on June 6, 2007, in Berlin, Germany (Getty Images)

We had earlier reported that Brueckner could have been tipped off about the routines of the McCann family by a former employee at the resort from where three-year-old Madeleine disappeared. Brueckner was allegedly aware of Madeleine's parents,  Kate and Gerry McCann's routines, their friends and even their habit of leaving valuable belongings in their apartments, leaving the door ajar while they would go for long dinners outside. 

The Mirror said, "The theory shared by the Portuguese and German police is that the suspect panicked. The objective was to carry out a burglary but he saw Madeleine and her siblings and decided to take the oldest one." 

"An old employee of the Ocean Club had the number in his diary and revealed who it belonged to, a then 30-year-old German who lived nearby and didn’t have a known profession. The friend said he committed petty crime including thefts and had spoken to him about the British group the McCanns formed part of. It was in 2007, days before Madeleine disappeared," it said.

Madeleine McCann's disappearance in 2007 gripped the media and the news spread like wildfire around the world. In the 13 years since the incident, the case has been dubbed as the "most heavily-reported missing person case in modern history" with many persons emerging as suspects in the case but being left after their trails drew no conclusion. 

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514