'You want me back': Kevin Spacey posts bizarre video after being charged with criminal offence of sexually assaulting a minor
The actor, who had taken a social media sabbatical after he was accused of sexual assault for the first time in October 2017, posted a video on Twitter as his famous 'House of Cards' character Frank Underwood.
Kevin Spacey's returned to social media on December 24 with a bizarre message that appears to address many the sexual assault allegations against him that have surfaced since last year. The actor, who had taken a social media sabbatical after he was accused of sexual assault for the first time in October 2017, posted a video called 'Let Me Be Frank' on Twitter as his famous 'House of Cards' character Frank Underwood. Spacey was hit with another formal complaint on the same day - this time for allegedly sexually abusing a teenage boy.
In the video, he says sipping a cup of coffee, "I know what you want. Oh sure they have tried to separate us but what we have is too strong, too powerful. After all, we shared everything you and I. I told you my deepest and darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty. Mostly, I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me, even though you knew you shouldn’t. So we’re not done, no matter what anybody says. And besides, I know what you want. You want me back."
Looking straight into the camera, he says, "Of course, some believed everything and have just been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess at all. Their just dying to have me declare everything said is true and I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy? If it was all so simple. Only you and I both know it’s never that simple, not in politics, not in life. But wouldn’t you believe the worst without evidence, would you? You wouldn’t rush to judgment without facts, would you?" He then asks after a pause, "Did you? No, not you. You’re smarter than that."
The video seemed to address Netflix's decision to write off his character in 'House of Cards' as well as the many sexual assault allegations he's been at the receiving end of. The recent allegations arise from an incident that allegedly happened two years ago at a Nantucket bar. The Boston Globe reported that Spacey will appear before the Nantucket District Court on January 7 on charges of indecent assault and battery.
The last time Spacey was active on social media he had apologized for his actions that led Anthony Rapp to come forward with his Me Too story. Although he said that he didn't remember the encounter, he said he owed him "the sincerest apology".