Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth's missing cell phone found, police suspect she was killed at home

31-year-old Patrick Frazee has been charged with first-degree murder and solicitation of murder in the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth.

                            Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth's missing cell phone found, police suspect she was killed at home

A development in the case of the now believed to be dead 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth seems to indicate that police in Idaho have uncovered the Colorado mother's previously missing cell phone.

The Twin Falls Police Department revealed that officers from the force had participated in the investigation of her fiancé, 31-year-old Patrick Frazee, who has now been arrested and charged in her murder, by obtaining search warrants and examining evidence.

Berreth was last seen entering a Safeway store in Woodland Park with her daughter Kaylee at 12:27 pm local time on November 22. Though her fiance Frazee was arrested over her disappearance, her body is yet to be located.

A statement released by the department read, "Detectives from the Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office and Twin Falls Police Department worked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations and the FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants as well as processing some items of evidence with the assistance of Twin Falls County and Twin Falls City Evidence Technicians."


While it was not specified what evidence they had processed, it has been speculated in local media outlets that the department was referring to Kelsey's phone. It is a theory that has some credence considering the fact it was in a tower in Gooding, Idaho, where her cell phone pinged off last. 

Despite authorities suggesting the mother was now dead, they have failed to find her body.

However, this did not stop them from serving an arrest warrant against Frazee, who previously told police he saw Kelsey when he met her to take custody of their daughter Kaylee and is believed to have been the last person to see her alive.

He had previously been cleared of suspicion after a three-day search of his 35-acre property concluded the 29-year-old's body was not located anywhere on it. However, he once again drew attention to himself when he was spotted at a waste management facility near his residence along with two other men, dumping trash from a trailer that was attached to the pickup on which he had driven there.

His arrest came after investigators reportedly uncovered new evidence — including cell phone records and data which allegedly provided new details regarding the case — which led them to believe she had been murdered at her home with Frazee's involvement.


According to the Daily Mail, police arrived at his Teller County home in the early hours of Friday, December 21, and took him away in handcuffs. He was then transported to the Teller County Jail, with members of the FBI and CBI then searching his property once again. His mother was briefly detained well but later released.

The same day, Frazee appeared at the Teller County Court via video conference and was informed of the charges being brought against him: first-degree murder and solicitation of murder. Officials explained the latter charge during a news conference, stating Frazee had asked someone to commit the crime for him, though they did not elaborate further.

The Mail reports that the 31-year-old, who has been forced to replace his lawyer with a public defender because of funding problems, will be fighting the charges of first-degree murder and has asked that all evidence in the case be turned over to his legal team. He has also filed a motion asking to limit pretrial publicity.

Frazee is scheduled to make his next appearance in court on December 31, but could also make an appearance on December 27 because of a custody hearing for Kaylee, who is currently in protective custody.