Justin Bieber breaks silence on sexual assault allegations, proves he was with Selena Gomez that night
Justin Bieber had been in the news recently after sexual assault allegations were leveled on him. The singer has now revealed what actually happened
Justin Bieber has often been called out on the internet for his past behavior and his latest happens to be an incident of alleged sexual assault. #JustinBieberIsOverParty started trending heavily after an alleged sexual assault incident that dated back to 2014 resurfaced online. The accusations were made by a woman who goes by the name of Danielle. She alleged that she was assaulted by Bieber on March 9, 2014. This incident was enough to spark a fire on the internet as people were quick to bash the singer for how he has behaved in the past. Many also hinted that it was time for him to be nailed for everything he has done in the past.
After being silent for nearly a day, Bieber finally decided it was time to come out and speak out about these allegations. "I don’t normally address things as I have dealt with random accusations my entire career but after talking with my wife and team I have decided to speak up on an issue tonight," he said in a tweet. "Rumors are rumors but sexual abuse is something I don’t take lightly. I wanted to speak out right away but out of respect to so many victims who deal with these issues daily I wanted to make sure I gathered the facts before I made any statement," he further wrote.
"In the past 24 hours, a new Twitter appeared that told a story of myself involved with sexual abuse on March 9, 2014, in Austin, Texas, at the Four Seasons hotel. I want to be clear. There is no truth to this story. In fact, as I will soon show, I was never present at that location," he explained. Bieber admitted that he had indeed surprised his fans but narrated what actually happened at that time. "As her story told I did surprise a crowd in Austin at SXSW where I appeared on stage with my then assistant side stage and sang a few songs. What this person did not know was that I attended that show with my then GF Selena Gomez," he said.
Bieber then shared news articles and tweets that dated back to the date when the woman claimed she was sexually assaulted. He also had receipts to prove that he was at Four Seasons but was staying with his friend and Selena Gomez. "We have also confirmed with the Four Seasons regional manager that I was never on the property on the 9th of March 2014 and never a guest on the 9th or the 10th and I welcome all press to inquire with them if needed or wanted," he said.
He concluded by saying, "Every claim of sexual abuse should be taken very seriously and this is why my response was needed. However, this story is factually impossible and that is why I will be working with twitter and authorities to take legal action."