Julia Lemus: Andy Ruiz's ex, who got restraining order against him, claims he raped and abused her
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA: Andy Ruiz is facing rape allegations from his ex-girlfriend Julia Lemus who claims that she is a victim of domestic violence. Earlier on April 6, she got a restraining order against him, alleging Ruiz of "sexually, physically, and psychologically abusing" her. In her court filing, she described their relationship, "He made me feel like I had to walk on eggshells around him.”
The former couple who shares two children were also ‘abused physically and emotionally’ as per Lemus. The pair were together for seven years, from 2015 to 2022. She further alleges Ruiz of both alcohol and drug abuse, which apparently turned her having to "fear for my life and safety and the lives and safety of my children". Lemus mentions one incident from 2019, somewhere after Ruiz won the heavyweight title after defeating Anthony Joshua, reports Marca.
Who is Azea Agustama? Ex-Olympic boxer arrested for threatening to orchestrate mass shooting in Florida
Canelo Alvarez threatens Lionel Messi for disrespecting Mexican flag, ex-teammate Sergio Aguero defends
'proceeded to point an AK-47 at my face'
"He began grabbing me by my upper arms and physically yanking me in order to move me wherever he wanted me to go." He even punched her ‘jokingly,’ but it was no joke as her arms and legs were left bruised. Lemus also shared the photos in her filing. In her court documents, she states that Ruiz had bought several guns in Las Vegas, and as she showed them to her, he “proceeded to point an AK-47 at my face" and that he "told me to 'shut the f*** up'".
The sexual assaults began in February 2023, when Ruiz forced himself upon her at least six times. The 33-year-old sportsman has denied all allegations, and in a court filing as a response, it states, he "categorically denies that he ever has abused Julia Lemus or his children."
'willing to shoot with an actual gun or bazooka'
In an unrelated incident, a former professional boxer got arrested for threatening to shoot up a gym. ex-Olympian Azea Agustama, was barred from entering the gym. He was charged on counts of three felonies, in November last year. As per a police report obtained by DailyMail, he was given a trespassing notice on November 11, and Agustama irate from the incident shared a photo of the shooter from the horrific 2018 Parkland school massacre on Instagram on November 22, captioning he "was considering shooting" a group of people who say he "touched a girl." The ex-boxer stated that he is "willing to shoot with an actual gun or bazooka [sic]." Agustama had told cops that he was at the gym just to collect his belongings.