New documentary claims James Dean could have been saved if paramedics had put his neck in a brace!

James Dean, who died at the age of 24 had the possibility of surviving the car crash, the new documentary reveals.
UPDATED JAN 14, 2020
James Dean (Source: Getty Images)
James Dean (Source: Getty Images)

James Dean died at the mere age of 24 and shattered the hearts of millions of his fans. However, according to forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Hunter, there was a possibility for the actor to survive the car crash which cost him his life if paramedics had used a neck brace. 

After going through the official documents relating to the death of the actor, Michael made some shocking claims with regard to his death.

In a new documentary, 'Autopsy: The Last Hours Of James Dean', Michale says that James was unconscious, but still breathing following the accident. Even though there was a high probability of James surviving the car crash, the chances of that greatly declined because of the paramedics present at the scene of the incident. 

On September 30, 1955, James was driving his Porsche 550 Spyder when he slammed into a Ford coupe near Cholame, California. Due to the accident, James broke his neck and at that time his neck was not placed in a brace, as a result, he further injured his neck when the ambulance he was traveling in collided with another vehicle as it was rushing to the hospital.


Following his death, reports claimed that his death had been because of the accident caused by his speeding which left him with a broken neck and a broken upper and lower jaw.

At the same time, he also had broken arms and internal injuries. In the new documentary, Michael has made points which suggest that there could have been a sudden turn of events if things had been done in the right way at that time.

"If this accident happened today, he would have been put into a neck brace before being placed into the ambulance,” he said. "James Dean’s broken neck was unsupported and we will never know what impact the ambulance accident had on his chance of survival." On the day of the accident, Daily Mail reports that James was fined by a police officer for going 65 mph in a 55 mph zone and just two hours after this, the news about his death surfaced. 

Just a month after the death of the actor, his movie, Rebel Without A Cause was released. Throughout his career, the work done by James was greatly appreciated by many. His acting career took off immediately after he graduated from high school and moved back to Los Angeles to live with his father. He was also the first actor to receive a posthumous Oscar nomination for Best Actor. Till date, the work done by James is remembered and we will never forget the actor for who he was. 

GET THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Reports say Jason Statham will play "the role of a lifetime' in the action-comedy
1 day ago
At the time of writing, there is no official word on who is producing the new version
1 day ago
From 'The Sound of Music' to 'The Proposal, we bring you some classic romance flicks to watch
1 day ago
Emerald Fennell’s bold “Wuthering Heights” shakes up Brontë’s classic with daring changes that are already dividing fans.
1 day ago
Tyler Perry sends Joe on a wild college tour that turns into a raunchy road trip packed with family secrets and hard lessons.
1 day ago
‘Spider-Punk’s solo film gets a fresh update as Sony quietly moves forward with Daniel Kaluuya set to return as Hobie Brown.
2 days ago
From 'Grudge' to the cult 'Friday the 13th', we look at five bone-chilling, must-watch features
3 days ago
Jason Momoa teams up with Justin Lin for a live-action adaptation of hit sci-fi game ‘Helldivers’, expanding his run of action-driven roles
3 days ago
Producer Jerry Bruckheimer dropped a crisp update on the speculated 'F1' sequel
4 days ago
Tom Hanks’ ‘Greyhound 2’ finally gets an exciting update and it's fantastic news for war film buffs
4 days ago