About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Hunt for missing newlywed woman who fell into fast moving river turns desperate

After two weeks of searching, Idaho Falls Police Department released on Monday the name and picture of Kayla Davis who reportedly fell into Snake River and vanished.
UPDATED FEB 21, 2020
(Source:Getty Images)
(Source:Getty Images)

The search for 23-year-old Kayla Davis, who allegedly fell into the Snake River in Idaho Falls, Idaho about two weeks ago has now taken a desperate turn.

23-year-old Walker Thomas, Kayla Davis' husband, had called the authorities just moments before midnight on May 9 and told them that his wife had slipped on some driftwood and fallen into the fast-moving river outside the Marriott Hotel where they were staying. 

Crews have since been looking the length of the river to try and find Davis but they have not had any luck so far.

The Idaho Police finally released a picture of her along with her name, after almost two weeks of searching the river using jet skis, drones, and sonar equipment, on May 21. They have requested the public for any assistance with the investigation.

They are now asking the public with any information of Davis or her husband's whereabouts on the night she fell into the river to call them.

It is still not certain if the husband is a person of interest in the on-going investigation but the Idaho Falls Police Department Public Information Officer Holly Cook has said that Thomas has been "very cooperative" so far with the police.

“Police detectives have had a few discussions with the husband and family. It’s really hard at this point to say what did or didn't happen but we are not discounting any theories or possibilities right now,” Cook told the Idaho State Journal. 

The authorities are currently trying to get their hands on surveillance footage from the area that the incident took place to try and put together a timeline for Davis before her alleged tragic fall. There are many cameras that have been set up along the river to give a live feed but most of them were not set up at their locations to record anything.

The press release from the police department said, "So far, nothing substantial has given them any clues. The incident is an open investigation."

The couple had just recently moved to Pocatello, Idaho after they got married a few months ago. Davis' family issued a statement through the Idaho Falls Police Department which read:

"The death of our daughter Kayla was a tragic accident. Every day that goes by without the recovery of her body is too painful to be expressed. We are so grateful at this time for our family and our friends, countless numbers of kindnesses from people we know and those we don’t.  We have tremendous respect and appreciation for the Idaho Falls Police Department and the Bonneville County Sheriff’s Department Search and Rescue members for their knowledge, dedication, caring, and compassion during the most difficult of times.  We ask that any information to assist in locating Kayla be directed to the proper authorities and that our privacy continue to be respected. Thank you."

Davis has been described with the height of five-foot-eight, blonde hair, and green eyes. She also wears glasses sometimes.

Members of the public who have any information on her disappearance have been asked to call the Idaho Falls Police Department at 208-529-1200.