Heartbroken mother shares pictures of teenage son in coma after school fight caused his heart to "stop twice"

Oliver Whitehead was airlifted to hospital from school in East Riding, Yorkshire, and was so badly injured that his heart stopped twice before doctors put him in an induced coma

                            Heartbroken mother shares pictures of teenage son in coma after school fight caused his heart to "stop twice"

A violent altercation at a secondary school canteen has put a 13-year-old boy in a coma. Now, his distressed mother has shared pictures of her son fighting for his life in the hospital.

On Friday afternoon, teenager Oliver Whitehead had to be airlifted to Leeds General Hospital during an emergency at his school in East Riding, Yorkshire. According to multiple reports, young Oliver had to be resuscitated by doctors after his heart stopped twice from the severe injuries he sustained. When the situation went out of hand, hospital authorities were forced to put him in an induced coma.

After the incident, law enforcement authorities arrested two schoolboys who were later bailed out. It is still unclear as to what exactly transpired between them and Oliver.

Leanne Tindale, the boy's embattled mother, shared pictures of her comatose son on Sunday night lying on his hospital bed with several tubes attached to his body.


Recent updates reported that Oliver has now come out of his induced coma as doctors await test results to determine why his heart stopped twice during the rescue.

Speaking to Daily Mail, Tindale said, "When Oliver was in a coma I was extremely worried. He is now out of his coma and off the breathing machine. He has been put in a heart ward now where the staff will do more tests on his heart as it stopped twice."

According to her, Oliver cannot recount what exactly happened and has clouded memories from the incident.

In an earlier conversation with Hull Live, she said, "Oliver is still confused and not making much sense when he talks. At this stage, he can't remember much or how he got here and we are still in Leeds General Hospital. I am very tired and exhausted and I will be staying by his side. But I have three other children who are being looked after by my mum. I would like to thank everyone for their kind messages of support.”

Oliver's uncle, who also spoke to Hull Live, said the family wanted to express their gratitude to all the people who came out in their support.

He said: "My sister, Oliver’s mum, is very distressed and been at the hospital throughout. When the incident happened, his heart stopped twice. I want to thank the people who took the time to wish Oliver all the best.”





Meanwhile, authorities are still investigating the scuffle at Withernsea High School, where Oliver studies.

A spokeswoman for Humberside Police said, "We were called to reports of an altercation at a school in the East Riding area on Friday morning, just after 11 am. A teenage boy was taken to hospital after falling unconscious shortly after the incident. He remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition." His family is being supported by specially trained officers. Two teenage boys were arrested in connection with the incident, both have been bailed while inquiries continue."