Halyna Hutchins' dad NOW holds Alec Baldwin 'partly responsible' for her death
Halyna Hutchins' father is now blaming Alec Baldwin for the cinematographer's death on the sets of 'Rust'. Hutchins was accidentally shot dead by the 63-year-old actor while they were working on the upcoming movie's set. The incident happened in October and in an interview in early December, Baldwin claimed that he didn’t pull the gun’s trigger and also went on to delete several tweets he shared in the aftermath of the tragedy, which has reportedly annoyed Hutchins' dad – Anatoly Androsovych.
Speaking with The Sun, Androsovych, who first did not hold Baldwin responsible for the tragedy, said: “I can’t understand the behaviour of Alec. Why did he sweep out his tweets when it became clear the shooting was on rehearsal? And why did he fire the shot during the preparations? The revolver is the type of gun which doesn’t shoot before the trigger is pressed and Alec is partially guilty for causing that shot. It is clear to me Baldwin fired the shot from his hand so it’s hard for me to understand how he cannot be held partly responsible for my daughter’s death.”
Alec Baldwin slammed for saying he didn't know Halyna Hutchins was shot in farcical interview
Alec Baldwin spotted 'in tears' following tragic shooting on set, fans extend support
Hutchins' father also expressed his fear that his nine-year-old grandson, Andros, won’t ever get over his mother’s death. “Andros is slowly getting back to life, but this is huge blow for all of us,” he added. However, earlier, Androsovych had blamed the props people on the set for the accident and said, “We still can’t believe Halyna is dead and her mother is going out of her mind with grief. But I don’t hold Alec Baldwin responsible — it is the responsibility of the props people who handle the guns.”
Earlier this month, in an ABC interview Baldwin claimed that though the firearm was with him, he “didn't pull the trigger.” He told George Stephanopoulos: “The trigger wasn't pulled, I didn't pull the trigger. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them, never,” before adding, “Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can't say who it is, but it's not me. Honest to God, if I thought I was responsible I might have killed myself. And I don't say that lightly.”
Meanwhile, another report has stated that the cops in Hamptons stopped ‘The Hunt for Red October’ star and his wife Hilaria on Saturday, December 18, a few days after a search warrant was issued for his mobile phone. The pictures taken from the scene showed Baldwin sitting inside the car while Hilaria was seen interacting with an East Hamptons Police officer on the side of the road. The American yoga instructor was also seen taking out her phone and showing it to the female cop. However, it’s not clear yet why the pair was pulled over.
This comes as a search warrant for his cellphone was issued by the Sante Fe sheriffs in New Mexico in relation to the October 21 tragedy that took Hutchins' life. Detective Alexandria Hancock has been referred to as the 'affiant' in the warrant that states, “Affiant requested Alec's phone from him, as well as his attorney, and was instructed to acquire a warrant. Affiant is requesting a warrant for the seizure and search of Alec Baldwins' cell phone to search for any evidence relating to the death investigation of Halyna Hutchins. Affiant believes there may be evidence on the phone, due to individuals using cellular phones during and/or after the commission of crime(s). Such information, if it exists, may be material and relevant to this investigation. Affiant was also made aware there were several emails and text messages sent and received regarding the movie production 'Rust' in the course of interviews.”