Eminem says he never meant for leaked Revolt TV diss track to be heard, surprised fans laud his maturity

Revolt TV had previously called out Eminem after the rapper was heard throwing barbs at Diddy's media outlet and host Joe Budden in the leaked 2019 Conway track 'Bang'


                            Eminem says he never meant for leaked Revolt TV diss track to be heard, surprised fans laud his maturity
Eminem (Getty Images)

The real Slim Shady aka rap god Eminem issued a measured and forward-thinking post on his Twitter account after the Diddy-owned media outlet Revolt TV caught wind of his diss on a leaked track from 2019. In a previously unreleased original version of a Conway track called 'Bang' that found its way online this week (June 21), Eminem could be heard throwing shade at the music cable network Revolt TV and its host Joe Budden. Revolt TV was quick to respond with its own diss, by posting a matter of fact "F**K YOU TOO EMINEM – REVOLT" message on social media. 

Eminem had sparked their anger by saying things like these on verse two of the song: "Yeah, shout to Puffy Combs, but f*** Revolt / Y’all are like a f***ed up remote / Now I get it why our button’s broke / 'Cause you press him but he don't do nothing though / 'Specially when it comes to punches thrown / Wasted tissue, tell this journalist stick to the stuff he know / Like always running from Migos." You can listen to the original version of the track here while the later version has been included below.



 

Now, Eminem has responded to the controversy in a remarkably mature fashion, claiming that the original version of the leaked Conway track was never meant to be heard in the first place. The 47-year-old hip-hop legend tweeted a response to the brewing storm by offering a prompt and candid explanation to the public. On June 24, Eminem tweeted this post with the caption "In response to @revolttv." that began with the disarming words "I agree with Revolt..." The 'Lose Yourself' singer, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, then continued, "This is an unnecessary distraction. I never meant for that verse to be heard, I was heated in the moment and thought better of it and decided to pull it back. Stuff that I never intended to release continues to leak from the huge WeTransfer hack." 

He solidified his amicable stance by saying, "I don’t have any issues with Revolt. I'd actually welcome the opportunity to work with them on some positive things and turn this in a different direction." This is actually a genius move by Eminem, because he's owned up to the fact that he said those things during a red mist phase and actually just wants peace for all parties. 

Eminem performs during the 2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards which broadcasted live on TBS, TNT, and truTV at The Forum on March 11, 2018, in Inglewood, California (Getty Images)

Fans were quick to respond to the post with humorous tweets like, "Okay Diddy we know you hacked into Marshall's account to post this" and "Em apologizing? You good Chief?! Another fan even quipped, "Do (a) song with (Tekashi) 6ix9ine."  

However, the majority of hip-hop fans were actually glad Eminem had taken this non-controversial stance. One fan said, "Us fans already understood the situation the moment we heard the leak. We knew u changed ur mind about the verse & pulled back reconsidering it but thank u for clarifying this to those who don't know u so well. Thanks 4 understanding there are more important matters going on atm (at the moment)." An admirer also said, "Love you Em. Sorry your material keeps leaking even though as a fan I always like hearing what’s on your mind. Please keep in contact and we hope to SEE you soon. Take care of yourself!" Another fan concluded, "Wow! You did not have to put this statement out, it wasn’t your fault and it was unreleased. You are beyond a humble king."

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515