Elderly man killed after toilet brush gets lodged in his head through eye socket
The gruesome picture shows the unnamed 60-year-old lying on a hospital bed in an emergency room close to the capital city of Moscow
We hear stories all the time of people, especially elderly men and women, around the world dying from freak accidents. One such freak accident claimed the life of an elderly man in Russia, when he slipped on his bathrooom floor and unfortunately got the handle of a toilet brush wedged firmly in his skull, right through the eye socket. The gruesome picture shows the unidentified 60-year-old man lying on a hospital bed in an emergency room close to the capital city of Moscow. The picture shows the man with the toilet handle still stuck in his head with the brush part sticking out of his eye socket.
Surgeons in the hospital told Moskovsky Komsomolets (MK), a local Russian newspaper, that they had to "open the man's skull" in order to make an attempt to remove the handle of the brush which, by that time, had become embedded into his head through his right eye. Unfortunately for the elderly man, his condition worsened over the next few days and he tragically passed away in the hospital.
It was reported that the victim had slipped on the floor of his bathroom in his home located in the town of Istra. MK had reported that the elderly man had fallen on top of the toilet brush when he slipped. According to the reports from the hospital, the man underwent an MRI scan and X-rays and was given a course of very strong antibiotics. The newspaper reported: "The toilet brush was cut off immediately above the eye of the patient but it was not possible to remove the handle straight away."
The doctors reportedly also said that a bone had broken during the accident and this meant that the man was in serious risk of brain damage. The newspaper said: "Surgeons decided to open the skull and remove first the broken bones and then the handle of the toilet brush. The surgery was performed and at first appeared to be successful, everything was removed, but the patient remained in a coma. He was moved to his local hospital in Istra town for further treatment but unfortunately some days later he died, still in a coma."