Mum-of-one bites off friend's ear in drunken altercation over money at a Newport kebab shop

Victoria Burgess hurled her friend Jenna Edwards to the floor in a kebab shop in Newport before pinning her down and biting part of her ear off

                            Mum-of-one bites off friend's ear in drunken altercation over money at a Newport kebab shop


During a drunken altercation in Newport, South Wales, a woman bit off her friend's ear in a kebab shop.

The woman, 27-year-old Victoria Burgess bit into Jenna Edwards' ear and ripped it off. The 31-year-old victim is seen in the disturbing footage being hurled on to the floor before Burgess digs her teeth into the earlobe of Jenna, who is heard screaming: "Get off me, Victoria!". Although an observer rushes in to separate the two, it is too late and the damage has already been done.

Burgess, of Newport, does not stop the attack even after Jenna is left clutching the remains of her ear. She launches one last kick to her head before walking away from the scene. The aggressor can then be seen plucking bits of the victim's ear from her bloody mouth before the video concludes, Mirror reports.

Bethan Evans, prosecuting, asserted that before hell broke loose on April 6, Jenna accused Victoria of stealing, thus sparking the argument. "The defendant started screaming at her, something about stealing," she said. "The victim's memory is poor but she remembers the pain in her ear and blood dripping down her arms. Her only recollection is of looking down and seeing part of her ear on the floor. She picked it up and threw it back to the ground, horrified at the sight of it. The pain was excruciating."

The severed earlobe was immediately placed in the refrigerator for preservation at the kebab shop so that it could be later used by surgeons to reattach to Jenna's ear, jurors at the Newport Crown Court heard. Jenna, who is a mother-of-two, claimed she had "never felt so scared in my life" and "could not stop crying" after the incident. She had to undergo a therapy with leeches during her recuperation.


Andrew Kendall, defending, said: "This is a horrible offense – there is no getting away from that." Daniel Williams, the judge presiding over the case, said the incident was "utterly sickening."

"The attack was so sudden, brutal and unexpected that the victim has little recollection of it," he added. "Witnesses described you preventing the victim from escaping your clutches. You sat on top of her and with chilling determination, you bit into her ear. I've seen the CCTV footage and it is utterly sickening. You even kicked her after you bit her ear off."

Burgess was jailed for four and a half years after admitting to a charge of wounding with intent.