Donald Trump's granite inscription on display at New Hampshire State Library vandalized

The block had been put on display at the Library to honor the winners of the New Hampshire Presidential party. The block marked Trump's 2016 win in the GOP primary


                            Donald Trump's granite inscription on display at New Hampshire State Library vandalized

In yet another incident of vandalism relating to President Trump, an inscription block at the New Hampshire State Library was smashed to pieces by an unknown person. New Hampshire State Police say that the incident occurred on Friday where the block made of granite that had Trump's name inscribed was broken into pieces. It was put on display at the Library to honor the winners of the New Hampshire Presidential party. 



The incident is said to have been reported around 7:45 am, after which the police arrived and found the block broken. The incident of vandalism itself is said to have occurred sometime between 4:30 am and 6:30 am Friday. State librarian Michael York said, "It's a historical marker identifying all of the winners, Democratic and Republican, who have won the New Hampshire Primary since 1952. There is a stone for each of the winners." 

The vandaliser had clearly made a targeted attempt as it was POTUS' block that was right at the end of the line of the display was harmed. It was quite crucial to his career — it marked the 2016 win in the GOP primary. It was strategically placed along a sidewalk adjacent to Park Street in Concord. Right next to his block is Bernie Sanders' inscription.  The police informed that they were investigating the matter but no one has been identified as a suspect.

This is not a first-time vandalism incident for either the library nor President Trump. York informed that, a few years ago, former POTUS George Bush and Richard Nixon's inscription stone had been stolen.

Recently, Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star was vandalized by a man using a pickaxe. Austin Mikel Clay was identified as the culprit in the case after he turned himself into the police. Clay was charged with one felony count of vandalism for which he could be looking at three years of jail time if he is found guilty and convicted of the crime. Before Clay, it was James Otis who took the sledgehammer route. He destroyed the star using a sledgehammer right before the November 2016 elections. Trump got his Hollywood Walk of Fame star in 2007. The ceremony was attended by current FLOTUS Melania Trump as well as his son Barron.

There was demand for Trump's star to be removed from the Walk of Fame altogether, although the authorities may turn down the request. The request was proposed by West Hollywood Mayor pro tempore John D'Amico and Councilwoman Lindsey Horvath. The motion that was passed on Monday night wants to eradicate the star 'due to [Trump's] disturbing treatment of women' among other things. The council will be sending a formal mail to the Los Angeles city council and Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, to consider their request. 

Earlier, when there were calls for Bill Cosby's star to be removed from the Walk of Fame, it was denied. "Once a star has been added to the walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame," Leron Gubler, the then president and chief executive of the chamber, told the LA Times in 2015, "Because of this, we have never removed a star from the walk."