The state police in Michigan found a six-month-old infant severely dehydrated inside a motel room along with her deceased parents last Friday.
Jessica Bramer, 26, from Grand Rapids and 28-year-old Christian Reed from Marne had been dead for three days before they were found. Their severely dehydrated infant daughter, Skylah, was found close to their corpses at the Rodeway Inn in Whitehall, Michigan. Family members told 24 Hour News 8 that the three had been staying at the motel for about a week.
According to WKRG, a state trooper was asked to perform a wellness check on the family and discovered the infant with the bodies of her parents around noon on Friday. The trooper found drug paraphernalia in the room as well.
An autopsy was performed the next day on both the parents but the toxicology findings are not expected to arrive at least for the next 30 days. The staff members at the inn declined to say whether anyone in the venue had heard the baby crying or saw anything suspicious.
Skylah was listed as being in critical condition at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids as of Saturday.
Fox 6 Now reported that she is expected to recover fully. According to family members, Bramer and Reed were in and out of jail and that the infant's grandparents contacted Child Protective Services in January this year after they became concerned for her safety.
The Michigan State Police are asking anyone who has information on what happened to Bramer and Reed to contact them at 616 866 4411.
If you have any interesting story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7514.