'Brings back really sad memories': Dad blasts Hawaii 'KGB couple' who stole his deceased daughter's identity

'Brings back really sad memories': Dad blasts Hawaii 'KGB couple' who stole his deceased daughter's identity
Walter Glenn Primrose and Gwynne Darle Morrison were arrested after stealing the infants' identities (US District Court for the District of Hawaii)

HONOLULU, HAWAII: A father whose deceased daughter’s identity was stolen by a couple has blasted them for their actions. Walter Glenn Primrose and Gwynne Darle Morrison were arrested after allegedly stealing the identities of infants Bobby Edward Fort and Julie Lyn Montague. The babies were only two weeks old when they died. The couple, in their 60s, has been accused of using their names for years federal court records unsealed in Honolulu have revealed.

Both Primrose and Morrison used the babies' names to obtain false passports, driving licenses and Defense Department credentials. The couple was seen in photos posing in KGB uniforms, which their lawyer later claimed was done as a "joke." Prosecutors have demanded that the couple be held without bail. Primrose managed to get security clearance with the USE Coast Guard using three-month-old Fort and three-week-old Julie’s birth certificates.


Who is Ava Misseldine? Baker accused of stealing DEAD BABY's ID for $1.5M Covid-relief fraud

Who is Octavian Ocasio? Texas man arrested for selling fake paper licence plates

Ninety-year-old John Montague never got to meet Julie Lyn. When she was born in 1968, she was so sick that he and his wife were unable to take her home in Dallas, Texas. "When I heard about it all it was a shock to me. It was sad too that someone would use a little deceased baby’s name like that, after all these years," Montague told the Daily Mail. "My wife died in 2003, but she would have been upset about this whole thing too. My whole family is just in shock. I haven’t heard anything from the police or FBI, the first I heard about it was a report asking me about my daughter."

"Juie Lyn only lived for two weeks. It brings back really sad memories, it was hard on us when we lost her and it’s been 54 years," he added. "My wife and I never got to see her, she was in the hospital, and we never even brought her home. Doctors said that she had a bad birth defect and that she wasn’t going to live. We buried her and we had three other children together."

"I guess she’s been using her name for a really long time. It’s odd, none of us have any idea how she got the name other than going to the cemetery," Montague further said. "I guess what I would say to the woman is shame on her, for doing that. I told my other children and they were shocked about this. It’s sad to take anyone’s name. It scares you to think about what people are up to when they are using assumed names. You don’t know who they are or what they’re doing. We had no idea it was going on, it shocked and scared me. I couldn’t believe it when I found out I thought it was a bad dream. I can’t understand why she took her name out of all the ones in the cemetery."

Fort died in October 1967, just two months and twenty days after he was born. He was buried just 14 miles from Julie in Texas. Born in Shepperd’s Memorial Hospital where Fort was also born, Julie in January 1968 and was buried in Burnet, Texas. Her sister, Tonda Ferguson, was just eight years old when Julie said. Now 68, Tonda said, "It’s horrible. We didn’t know anything about it until my dad called us. It feels like an invasion of your personal emotions. My sister was born 54 years ago and she only lived three weeks and we never got to hold her. But I’m really very proud that today she knows she has a big sister and a wonderful father standing up for her and protecting her."

"My sweet sister came from a place of love and for somebody to steal her name and use it, in an evil way and not the right way. I just can’t imagine what kind of human would do something like that," she added. "I’m shocked and saddened. Let that sweet baby rest in peace. My heart breaks for the mother of the other baby as well."

Morrison and Primrose were arrested last week in Kapolei on the island of Oahu. According to Morrison's attorney Megan Kau, the couple has been living law-abiding lives for three decades even if they did use new identities. Insisting that she wore the KGB uniform as a "joke," Kau said, according to Associated Press, "She wants everyone to know she's not a spy. This has all been blown way out of proportion. It's government overreaching."


Primrose and Morrison, both born in 1955, reportedly attended high school together in Port Lavaca, Texas. They later attended Stephen F Austin University, court records revealed. The two married in 1980. However, court papers do not reveal why the two of them assumed the identities of the deceased children in 1987.

Share this article:  Dad blasts Hawaii KGB couple who stole his dead daughters' identities