Coronavirus pandemic: Dwayne Johnson halts work for 'Red Notice' that also stars Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds

Johnson, also a producer for the movie, met the crew and told them about the situation
(Getty Images)
(Getty Images)

Netflix’s 'Red Notice' starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds production has been put on halt amid growing concerns over coronavirus outbreak. The decision was made by Johnson, who is co-producing the film, looking at how everyone's health and safety would be put at risk if the shooting for the film is continued. 

The 'Jumanji' actor decided that it would be in everyone's best interest if the production was suspended until the pandemic has been brought under control. Johnson made this announcement as he gathered the crew together and informed them that the production would not be going forward for a while.

"We are pressing pause on our @netflix production of RED NOTICE effective this Monday for the next two weeks," he shared on his social media. "It’s my privilege to speak eye to eye with our entire crew to help give a little clarity and guidance, as the most important thing right now is for us to get everyone home to their concerned families."

Johnson added that it was a time when people should look after one another and make sure that everyone stays healthy. "Gotta protect our babies, spouses, loved ones and elderly. We’ll continue to monitor and assess this situation closely to make the best decisions for our families first and then our businesses," he said. 

He concluded the post with some words of encouragement to uplift the mood of his fans as the concerns about coronavirus grow all around the world. "We’re a resilient nation who ultimately, will always rise to the occasion to be accountable and work together to overcome whatever hardship lies in front of us. Our country will do its job, as the rest of the world will do theirs. Everyone please stay healthy, vigilant, safe and let’s protect one another. We’re all in this — together," he wrote.

'Red Notice' is not the only film that has stopped production. Due to coronavirus fears the production and release date of many shows and films have been affected. The networks have decided to look into the situation before resuming the production.

GET THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

‘Miami Vice ’85’ just locked in its female lead, and she's set to play Rico Tubbs' love interest
6 hours ago
Shawn Levy will direct the movie after working with Ryan Gosling on 'Star Wars: Starfighter'
14 hours ago
'Extraction 3' expands Chris Hemsworth's cast with five new stars, including Pierce Brosnan, as Netflix keeps their mysterious roles under wraps.
21 hours ago
Rory Kennedy’s follow-up documentary, releasing on August 19, places Boeing whistleblowers at the center of its investigation.
1 day ago
Robert Downey Jr. is putting a familiar suit back on, but not for the movie people may think of
1 day ago
'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,' which was released in 2017, was the last film in the franchise
1 day ago
Benjamin Bratt sheds light on the storyline of ‘Coco 2’ featuring an unlikely team-up.
3 days ago
Experiment 624 enters Disney’s sequel as Chris Sanders returns to direct a new story for Lilo and Stitch.
3 days ago
Disney has confirmed ‘Zootopia 3’, and Judy and Nick are returning for another adventure. Here’s everything we know about the threequel so far
3 days ago
Ryan Gosling and Shawn Levy arrive at the D23 Expo to talk about their upcoming venture, ‘Star Wars: Starfighter’.
3 days ago