About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

'Psychopath' teenager infatuated with 15-year-old pushes her into pool, holds her down until she drowns

The family of 15-year-old Nairobi Montés described the suspect as a "psychopath" and demanded that he be tried as an adult
UPDATED MAR 27, 2020
(Getty Images)
(Getty Images)

Chilling surveillance footage has captured the moment a teenage girl was pushed into a pool and drowned by a boy who was allegedly infatuated with her.

The tragic incident unfolded after 15-year-old Nairobi Montés met the 16-year-old boy on September 1 at a pool in Pantoja, a neighborhood in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.

In the video, which has made the rounds on social media, he can be first seen running up behind Nairobi, grabbing her by the waist, and tossing her forcefully into the pool. As she slowly swims towards the edge, he grabs a small child and jumps in himself, with another woman quickly going to him and grabbing the child away.

He then quickly jumps out and intercepts Nairobi as she slowly climbs out of the pool, pushing her back in again. As she lay there thrashing about and struggling, he jumps back in again, swims towards her, and forces her underwater.

After several minutes, another male swimmer realizes she's in trouble and lifts her out of the pool, with the teen helping him drag her outside. He then runs to the other side of the pool to seek first aid assistance. But it was too late, and she could not be saved.

The victim's father, Edward Montés, told local outlet Noticias SIN that despite knowing that Nairobi had died at the pool, the suspect came to ask his other daughter about the 15-year-old's whereabouts.

Other relatives told Listin Diario that he was obsessed with Nairobi and that he constantly harassed her. "He appeared to her where she was," they said. "If he was talking on the phone, he would take it off to see who she was talking to."

They described him as a "psychopath" and revealed that despite being responsible for her death, he showed up at her wake and funeral and signed up to receive a memorial t-shirt with Nairobi's face printed on it.

The teen has since been arrested and was ordered by the Court of Children and Adolescents to be held for 30 days in pretrial detention while prosecutors continue their investigation. Nairobi's family has demanded that he be tried as an adult.