Travel blogger reveals trip from hell after she was "stalked, trapped, and assaulted" by hotel workers in India

Jordan Taylor, who uses the name Travellight on YouTube, spoke about her encounters in the capital city of New Delhi in a vlog that she uploaded on September 8

                            Travel blogger reveals trip from hell after she was "stalked, trapped, and assaulted" by hotel workers in India

A young American travel blogger has recounted the terrifying time she had while staying in India for three weeks this summer. In a vlog on her YouTube channel, Jordan Taylor described the chilling incidents of allegedly being stalked, sexually harassed, and assaulted by male employees in two different hotels in capital New Delhi.

Taylor, who uses the name Travellight on YouTube, uploaded the video on September 8, and described her experience "like I was in a horror movie."

She says at the beginning of the video: "This is not going to be an easy video to make today... I don't really know how to introduce this, so I'm just going to try to jump right into it. About two months ago, I got to India and I spent over three weeks [there]. Overall, my trip to India was great. I really loved it, saw some amazing thing, had some great adventures."

Then she gets into the negative aspects of her trip by saying: "I don't want to be super negative, but at the same time, I am always honest with you guys and this is something that continues to deeply affect me."

Taylor had been to the country with her boyfriend Livio for most of the trip, according to the Daily Mail. The first incident that she speaks of allegedly happened at a five-star hotel that the couple had been staying in.

The vlogger alleged that some men inside the hotel groped her and even whispered lewd remarks into her ear while the couple had been together in the lobby.

She said: "Men just randomly passing by reached out and grabbed me, were touching me, were groping me. This one guy walking by, leaned his face right here [motions toward her neck] and he just said to me, 'I want to f*** you' right into my face, with Livio right next to me. I was kind of already overwhelmed by that - then, I had [the] five-star hotel give out my personal information, my full name, my room number, to a stalker."

The pair could not stand it any longer and made the decision to check into the OYO Hotel on Main Bazaar Road in the Paharganj area of New Delhi. Livio had to go back to the US just shortly after they booked the second hotel and his flight was set to depart four days before Taylor's. The couple thought that it would be safer for Taylor if Livio left the hotel early in the morning so that none of the staff would know that he was gone. She said: "They were downstairs in the lobby... they definitely knew that he left... they knew that I was now in this hotel alone. From that very morning, they started acting completely different to me."

She also claimed in the video that one man followed her to the room upstairs after Livio left the hotel and another called her on the room phone and said "heyyyy babyyyy!" before the terrified vlogger hung up. She said: "They called the room again and it was just silent and not saying anything. The next day, they call the room, I pick up and they were just making sexual noises… breathing. There is no way that this was normal breathing into the phone." 

Taylor said that things got very weird two days before she had to leave to catch her flight back home. A man had allegedly come to her room door and asked her if he could go inside with her. She refused to open the door so he left and then went back an hour later and started banging on the door to be let inside. She still did not let him in and that when she said that she "heard him flip [the main switch] off."

She continued in the video: "It was a very distinct sound... immediately he knocks on my door and says, 'Hello! The AC is broken. We need to come in and fix it. Open the door and we’ll come and fix the AC'. He was right outside my door... there were more people who came, I don’t know who. They would knock and say open the door. Then they shut off the WiFi and said the same story - that they need to come in and fix the WiFi." 


After the terrified vlogger spoke about her experiences on her channel, she broke down in tears. She said: "The best I can describe it is like I was in a horror movie. This video is something traumatizing that happened to me... I felt that it was right to share this, or rather, that is would be wrong to just sweep it under the rug and silence myself on the matter." The video has since received more than 270,000 views on YouTube.

It was later confirmed by OYO Hotels that the hotel on Main Bazaar has been shut down until further notice. @OYO4U wrote on their Twitter page: "Guest safety is our top priority and will take the strictest of action against the partner hotel involved in this incident. Appreciate your concern."