Actor John Michie's daughter died from drug overdose because ex did not seek help for 6 hours and filmed her dying in multiple videos

Louella Fletcher-Michie overdosed on class A party drug 2C-P at the Bestival music fest in September 2017 after her rapper ex-boyfriend did not seek medical help for six hours

                            Actor John Michie's daughter died from drug overdose because ex did not seek help for 6 hours and filmed her dying in multiple videos

The daughter of former 'Coronation Street' star John Michie died from a drug overdose at a music festival in September 2017 because her rapper ex-boyfriend who was with her at the time did not seek help for six hours. Despite her needing urgent medical attention, he did not call for help because he was afraid he would be jailed, a court heard.

The 24-year-old, Louella Fletcher-Michie, traveled to the Bestival Music Festival in Lulworth, Dorset, one day before her birthday with 29-year-old Ceon Broughton — who had recorded with rap artistes such as Skepta and Wiley — and a friend. Broughton, despite having separated from Louella earlier in the year, was still in good terms with her and supplied her with a "bumped up" dose of class A party drug 2C-P, a synthetic psychedelic, according to Daily Mail

However, it proved too much to handle for the 24-year-old. As her condition worsened in the hours after she consumed the drug, not only did Broughton fail to seek help — the hospital area of Bestival was just 400 meters from the secluded wooded area where Louella was overdosing and would eventually die — but he also made multiple video recordings of her on his phone. For one of those videos, he recorded her non-stop for 51 minutes.

Speaking at the hearing, prosecutor William Mousley QC said, "He filmed her when she was disturbed and seriously ill over a period of hours and even did so after she was dead. It was only after her death that he finally left to speak to someone.

They were 400 meters from the hospital on the site. Throughout this period Louella does not appear to use her mobile and that's because of the shocking state she was in."

The "shocking state" Mousley referred to was shown to jurors in 15 minutes of disturbing footage where the 24-year-old could be seen shouting loudly, hitting herself, and repeating incoherent sentences. "Trip up, magical monkey riding the forest... this is acid bruv," she can be heard saying at one point, while at another, she shouts, "Call my mum, this is amazing, love you mum, love you grandma... I see through everything, I ain't even joking."

The court also heard that Broughton repeatedly ignored messages from her father and her brother Sam, asking him to seek help, after they became aware of Louella's condition through her mother, who had spoken with the 29-year-old on the phone and become concerned over her daughter's well-being. In this time period, he sent numerous texts to friends, and in one such text which was displayed to jurors, he calls Louella "a drama queen."

Mousley revealed Broughton did not seek help "out of selfishness and self-preservation" as he had been handed down a 24-week suspended jail sentence just one month before Louella's death and that he was aware "committing another offense would land him with 24 weeks, or possibly more, in jail."

"While he did communicate that he did have concerns through his phone he failed to take personal responsibility for a period of six hours," Mousley said.

"His failure to get her treatment, which alone would have saved her life, was borne out of selfishness and self-preservation. He knew it would expose him to an arrest and criminal prosecution and that was at a time when he was subject of a suspended sentence, imposed just a month before. The choice to put his own liberty before the life of a friend is a shocking indictment."

Both her parents made a 130-mile dash to the music festival in the hope they could reach her on time. But the 24-year-old passed away an hour before their arrival and just an hour before she was supposed to turn 25. A subsequent toxicology report revealed Louella had 2C-P, ketamine, and MDMA in her system, and Mousely said medical experts believed Louella had a 90% chance of surviving the ordeal if she had received timely medical assistance.

Broughton denied his charges of manslaughter but admitted to two counts of supplying class A drugs in relation to giving Louella and her friend 2C-P. The trial is set to continue over the coming week.