Florida man found pie he left in fridge had vanished overnight as his office got robbed on August 1

Chiropractor Dr Kent Messer only realized he had been robbed after he checked the fridge to retrieve his wife's $5 pie
PUBLISHED AUG 10, 2023
Representative Image (Brian Blanco/Getty Images)
Representative Image (Brian Blanco/Getty Images)

LEE COUNTY, FLORIDA: Chiropractor Dr Kent Messer from Southwest Florida came to work at Suncoast Injury Centers in Fort Myers on Tuesday, August 1, eager to eat a piece of homemade coconut pie.

However, when the chiropractor went to find the treat he had left in the refrigerator overnight, it was gone — along with several priceless supplies. And that’s when he realized he had been robbed.

'I had very simple goals, I just wanted to get to the office'

Messer told local TV station NBC-2 News, "I had very simple goals, I just wanted to get to the office, get my slice of pie, get on with my day," as reported by NBC. 

Deputies arrived at the establishment at 10.30 am in response to a burglary and grand theft that had already taken place, according to an incident report from the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

Messer noticed that a cabinet door and one drawer were left open and that items that were "normally organized were left in disarray." He discovered the office had been broken into only after he checked the fridge and saw that his wife's $5 pie had been consumed, according to the report.

A $125 transport case with metal hinges that contained $1,500 worth of medical supplies was also missing.

According to the report, the point of entry was probably the emergency exit door in one of the treatment rooms because the building's exterior by the door had "fresh pry marks." If identified, the pie pincher will face charges of second-degree felony burglary of an unoccupied dwelling.

A different Florida case

Following a collision involving the garage door of the family home over the weekend in Cocoa, Florida, a father allegedly shot at his son.

Byron Jones, a 62-year-old Cocoa resident, who has been charged with attempted first-degree murder and aggravated domestic violence assault with a deadly weapon, was taken into custody as a result of the incident.

The incident occurred on the night of August 5, according to a report made public by the Brevard County Sheriff's Office.

Shortly before 7 pm, deputies were called to a home in the 300 block of Woods Lake Drive after receiving a report of a disturbance involving Byron and his 38-year-old son, Nicholas Jones. 

RELATED TOPICS FLORIDA NEWS

MORE STORIES

Before his shocking arrest, Manuel Rocha served under both Democratic and Republican administrations during his 25-year diplomatic career
Dec 4, 2023
Conflicting accounts emerged regarding the authorities' awareness, prompting a demand for a $1M settlement for William Vannasap's injuries
Dec 3, 2023
Annette Pershal was shot multiple times with a pellet gun and her injuries were non-survivable, said authorities
Dec 2, 2023
Christina Riggs became the 18th woman in the US to be executed and was the youngest woman to be put to death at just 28
Dec 2, 2023
A fire, initiated posthumously, has raised suspicions as Griffiths was found shot but the autopsy showed no signs of smoke inhalation
Dec 2, 2023
As per the lawsuit, Gabby Petito's parents allege that Brian Laundrie's parents knew about their daughter's death along with the location of the crime
Dec 2, 2023
Jeremy is 5’11, weighs 245 lbs., has brown hair that is greying, green eyes and a greying beard
Dec 1, 2023
Jovannie Vega is accused of picking up the little boy and slamming him down onto the floor multiple times
Dec 1, 2023
'I feel bad for the families because I know exactly what they're going through,' said Mark Jacobo, whose son was killed in a firearm incident
Dec 1, 2023