Dancing with the Stars: Athletes Week 1 dances and songs have been revealed and we can barely contain ourselves
The dance routines and songs for week 1 of Dancing with the Stars Athletes have been revealed with the premiere of the show just around the corner
ABC has announced the routines and songs for Monday's episode of 'Dancing with the Stars: Athletes' premiere which is all set to have three cha-chas, three foxtrots, three salsas and one Viennese waltz on tap.
The four styles of dance are the usual week 1 dances though this is no usual week 1 for the contestants. Week 1 is going to be four-weeks-long and more than one couple will be eliminated by the end of the premiere, based on judges’ scores and fan votes.
This is the list of songs and dances that have been revealed for week 1:
1) Adam Rippon and Jenna Johnson: Cha-cha (Song: 'Sissy That Walk' by RuPaul)
2) Arike Ogunbowale and Gleb Savchenko: Salsa (Song: 'Them Girls' by Whitney Myer)
3) Chris Mazdzer and Witney Carson: Salsa (Song: 'Mr. Put It Down' by Ricky Martin featuring Pitbull)
4) Jamie Anderson and Artem Chigvintsev: Viennese Waltz (Song: 'Feeling Good' by Avicii)
5) Jennie Finch Daigle and Keo Motsepte: Foxtrot (Song: 'All-American Girl' by Carrie Underwood)
6) Johnny Damon and Emma Slater: Foxtrot (Song: 'Centerfield' by John Fogerty)
7) Josh Norman and Sharna Burgess: Cha-cha (Song: 'Finesse' by Bruno Mars)
8) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Lindsay Arnold: Cha-cha (Song: 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered' by Stevie Wonder)
9) Mirai Nagasu and Alan Bersten: Salsa (Song: 'No Excuses' by Meghan Trainor)
10) Tonya Harding and Sasha Farber: Foxtrot (Song: 'When You Believe' by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey)
Most of these songs work well with the personalities of the stars. Many are looking forward to Jamie Anderson and Artem Chigvintsev perform the Viennese Waltz to late DJ Avicii's song 'Feeling Good'. The young and well known DJ recently passed away at the age of just 28-years-old.
This season of Dancing with the Stars Athletes is going to be very competitive and fierce. Executive producer Andrew Llinares said, "We're doing something we've never done on the show. Two couples will be eliminated within the first show," after real-time fan voting. "It's going to be a lot more brutal (and) less forgiving."
The show is set to premiere on Monday.