Two men sexually assault two runaway underage girls they met online in school playground
39-year-old Paul Ceri Clement and 33-year-old William James Sidney L'Homme are facing multiple charges in connection to the incident
Two men who were on a night out together have been accused of traveling 45 miles to meet teenage girls they had been talking to on a social media app, with one of them accused of raping one of the girls.
According to Wales Online, 39-year-old Paul Ceri Clement and 33-year-old William James Sidney L’Homme, both of Richard Street in Maerdy, Rhondda, were visiting Cardiff on the evening of May 24, 2017, when they decided to spend £90 ($120) for cab fare to go to Swansea.
There, they planned to meet two girls they had been messaging on social media app 'Whisper.'
The Swansea Crown Court heard that on arrival, the pair was led by the victims, both teenagers, into a secluded yard of a secondary school, where they pressured the girls to perform sexual acts on them.
One of the victims said L'Homme gave up and walked away after she repeatedly refused to give in to his sexual demands, but that Clement continued to be "pushy."
The court heard that the 39-year-old exposed himself to the teen and attempted to force her to perform a sex act on him, but that she continued to refuse as she did not want to get "involved in anything sexual with a man considerably older than her.
Andrew Davies, prosecuting, said Clement then told her, "Come on. She [the alleged victim’s friend] promised and she is not doing anything. You can’t do that as well. That is not fair. We have come all the way down here and spent £90 on a taxi and it is for nothing."
The victim and Clement then went for a walk in the schoolyard, which is when he allegedly sexually assaulted her. The victim, in her statement, described being on the ground with her back against the wall as the 39-year-old pinned her arms back and then removed multiple layers of clothing, including her pajama bottoms.
She reportedly told police, "I think at that point I had just given up. It was going to happen, there is no point in trying to stop it now. He had already decided that 'no' was not the answer for him, so what was the point?"
During a police interview, Clement admitted to getting a taxi to Swansea after a night out in Cardiff but denied raping the victim, claiming he had only talked to the girls about "cuddling" and that he left when he learned their ages.
Carina Hughes, who was his defense attorney, questioned the accuser via video link and said, "The reality here is none of this happened to you with the Cardiff guys did it? It is your way of getting some attention. Now you have started this it is difficult to stop it?"
Clement has denied his charges of rape, assault by penetration, and sexual assault, while L'Homme has similarly denied his charges of causing or inciting a girl under the age of 16 to engage in sexual activity. The trial continues.