2-year-old dies after going back into burning Arkansas home to try and save pet puppy

Loki Sharp died in his home located in Gentry, Arkansas, a little after 5 pm local time on Saturday, November 30. Sharp had realized that his pet puppy was still inside and wanted to try and save it


                            2-year-old dies after going back into burning Arkansas home to try and save pet puppy

A 23-month-old boy has died after he went back inside his burning house to try and save his pet puppy. 

Loki Sharp died in his home located in Gentry, Arkansas a little after 5 pm local time on Saturday, November 30. Sharp had realized that his pet puppy was still inside and wanted to try and save it.

At the time, his parents Kurtis and Caitlin were at home at the time but lost track of Sharp as they called for help to put out the flames, according to Gentry Fire Chief Vester Cripps.

Kurtis revealed that Sharp had not been able to save the puppy who had "died trying to protect (Loki) from the fire." Kurtis took to Facebook to share, "I just wanna stop here and say never take your children for granted. Cherish every waking moment with them!!!! We love u bubba and we know you're in a better place!!!!"

The heartbroken father continued, "Please keep us high in your prayers tomorrow as we will be going to the funeral home to get our precious baby boy's funeral and burial all set up!!!"

Mourners and supporters have been asked to wear the colors red and black for the little boy's funeral, according to a Daily Mail report. 

Kurtis shared that they had lost everything, including their son, their home and their dog. A Facebook page has been started to help raise some money for the family.

The page reads, "One of our dear representatives lost everything in a house fire. Not only did they lose their belongings but also a precious child. The last thing we want the family to worry about during this very difficult time is money." A GoFundMe page was also created. 

"Most importantly please pray for this family," the page added. Cripps shared that the fire was believed to be electrical and the investigation is currently ongoing.

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514