Hollywood celebs asked to shun Ryan Seacrest on Oscars red carpet
As the red carpet rolls and celebrities make their way to the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on March 4, they will skip E!'s TV host Ryan Seacrest, who has been hit with sexual harassment claims by his former stylist.
The biggest award function of the year- the 90th Academy Awards will be held at Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 4. Hollywood's finest will be dressed in the best of fashion and nominees will be in the spotlight before the ceremony begins. As is the tradition on the Oscars red carpet, the biggest stars of the night will talk to TV hosts before they head in.
However, they might not give a soundbite to a TV personality who's been a regular fixture on the red carpet: Ryan Seacrest.
Publicists have asked their celebrity clients to "steer clear" of E!'s TV host after his former stylist, Suzie Hardy, detailed the years of sexual harassment that she was subjected to in his employment.
Hardy, who worked with the American Idol host from 2006 to 2013 at E! told Variety that he grabbed her genitals, slapped her buttocks so hard it left a welt for hours and grinded his erect penis against her while he was just dressed in his underwear.
In the aftermath of the allegations, celebrities' publicists want their clients to talk to E!'s other host, Giuliana Rancic or skip the network altogether.
One publicist said, "Usually Ryan is the one you want...but there are so many outlets on that carpet, why risk it? There’s plenty of other places for clients to get the exposure."
Another publicist said the decision would be up to the client. "if it was a [client who had been involved in the #MeToo movement], I would never put them in that position. I don’t think any smart person would," the publicist added, according to Page Six.
E! confirmed on Tuesday that Ryan will host the Oscars even as he's surrounded by a sexual harassment controversy. According to various reports, the 43-year-old will continue to host American Idol and ABC's Live with Kelly and Ryan as well.
Although Ryan didn't allude to Suzie's claims during his talk show, he issued a statement later denying his former stylist's allegations. He claimed that Suzie offered to retract her statements in exchange for millions of dollars.
E! cleared Ryan of sexual misconduct after a third party investigated the issue between November 2017 and February this year. The investigators found insufficient evidence against the TV personality, who has hosted imported events like the 2012 London Olympics, 2016 Rio Olympics and ABC's New Year Rockin' Eve, among others.
If you have any views or stories that you would like to share with us, drop us an email at email@example.com