Andy Cohen says 'worst part' of coronavirus recovery is being away from his 13-month-old son
Cohen also discussed his current health and admitted that he has been battling through his recovery as the virus is 'working its way through my body'
Radio and television talk show host Andy Cohen has talked about his recovery on March 24 after testing positive for coronavirus earlier this month. The 51-year-old revealed that the "worst part" of the process is being away from his 13-month-old son.
“I’ll tell you what I know from the nanny cam and from video. I can’t see him, which is the very worst part,” said Cohen during an episode of Sirius XM’s ‘Jeff Lewis Live’ on Tuesday, March 24. However, the ‘Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen’ host mentioned that the little boy, Benjamin, is doing fine as he is in good hands.
“He’s great and his nanny [tested] negative,” he explained.
The producer also discussed his current health and admitted that he has been battling through his recovery as the virus is “working its way through my body.” He also added that he has gone through several “horrible” phases of symptoms during the sickness, including a lack of appetite. “Two days ago, before I went to bed, I took a shower and I was walking into the shower and I looked at myself and said, ‘Holy s**t, you look great," he said.
“I saw a picture of a pizza yesterday [and] I thought, ‘I can’t wait to eat pizza," Cohen jokingly said while mentioning how the illness has slimmed him down. “When I get better, I’m going to gain so much weight. It’s bound to happen,” he added.
The ‘The Andy Cohen Diaries: A Deep Look at a Shallow Year’ writer had announced on March 20 that he has been tested positive for COVID-19. He announced it via Instagram, mentioning that he had been in self-quarantine and was not feeling too great.
A few hours ago his announcement, the New York City resident has said on Twitter that his show would return on March 22 with special 'at home' episodes in wake of the pandemic. However, after the diagnosis, he stated that the upcoming episodes of 'Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen' that were meant to be hosted from home would not go on as planned.
The planned episodes were supposed to feature Nene Leakes, Ramona Singer, and Jerry O'Connell, who were set to join in via video chat. Cohen asked for fans and viewers to send in their questions via tweets. He has also put out a press release stating the same, adding that the episode would include "special games, at-home show-and-tells, and surprises."
"Our show is arguably the most lo-tech show in late-night in its current form. So the idea of taking it down even further a few notches is just ironic and hilarious,” he mentioned. However, all his enthusiasm went into vain as he posted his selfie on his Instagram account on March 20 looking rather glum with a caption that said: "After a few days of self-quarantine, and not feeling great, I have tested positive for Coronavirus. As much as I felt like I could push through whatever I was feeling to do #WWHL from home, we're putting a pin in that for now so I can focus on getting better."