Mischa Barton's ex-boyfriend agrees not to release sex tape

Mischa Barton never backed down when it came to fighting against the revenge porn made by her ex Adam Spaw and it looks like her efforts have finally paid off. In the court documents that have been attained by E! News it is found that Adam has agreed to a 5-year restraining order. 

Mischa Barton (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

The documents state that both Barton and Spaw "shall stay 100 or more yards away from each other, their residences, pets, vehicles, and places of employment, and shall have no contact directly or indirectly with each other" through telephone, social media, texts, and e-mails. 

Mischa Barton (Photo by Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)

At the same time, Adam has also agreed to not use any photos or videos in possession for the wrong reasons. He has agreed"not to directly or indirectly, or through any agent, sell, distribute, show, give away or assign in any way any intimate photos or videos of Mischa Barton. He further agrees that he has not to date done so nor attempted to do any of the foregoing."

Mischa Barton (Photo by Tristan Fewings/Getty Images)

However, according to the court documents, the signing of the document does not prove that Adam possesses any video or pictures that he can hold against Mischa. The document states, "The signing of this agreement is not an admission by Adam that he possesses or attempted to sell any intimate photos or videos of Mischa Barton."

Mischa Barton (Photo by Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)

In other words, Adam still insists that he does not possess a sex tape of his ex. Previously, in the month of September, Mischa had prepared to testify in a Los Angeles courtroom after Adam failed to appear in the courtroom twice.

Mischa Barton at the DeGrisogono 'Love On The Rocks' during the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc on May 23, 2017, in Cap d'Antibes, France. (Photo by Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)

The actress had decided to go public with her revenge porn case when she realized that someone was trying to sell intimate videos for a reported $500,000. Mischa first heard this news through a British tabloid. The footage was allegedly being given to online porn companies with a number of industry giants considering the offer.

A restraining order is also directed towards Jon Zacharias (Source: Twitter)

According to the paperwork signed by the actress, it stated that she had been subject to domestic abuse as well and the restraining orders were directed towards Jon Zacharias and Adam Spaw. While Adam is being accused of filming the video, Jon has been being accused of selling them. 

Mischa Barton (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Meanwhile, Lisa Bloom, attorney of Mischa was very proud of her to see the strength she possessed to stand up for herself. In a press conference after the court, Lisa said, "I'm very proud to represent Mischa Barton who is fighting this revenge porn case for about six months now and she is here today and was prepared to testify." 

Mischa Barton (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for Jaguar Land Rover)

When Adam failed to appear in the court yet again, his attorney claimed he was recently admitted to the hospital and needed to have surgery that same morning. The attorney also added that if Adam would have been present, he would have denied the claims about possessing a sex tape. 

Mischa Barton (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)

Keeping this in mind, Lisa told the press, "For the third time, the defendant had a medical excuse and asked for a continuance so the judge granted the continuance. The hearing did not go forward." But Lisa was determined to bring justice to Mischa. 

Mischa Barton (Photo by Mireya Acierto/Getty Images)

Undoubtedly, both their efforts paid off with their recent win. In a statement to E! News, Lisa said, "I am pleased that we were able to block sale or distribution of the explicit images of Ms Barton that were shopped around earlier this year."

Mischa Barton (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

"After months of litigation, we have reached a settlement that gives us everything we wanted: stay away orders, and a promise not to distribute or post the images, ever. Mischa fought this case for many months and her tenacity led to this victory. I am proud to represent her," she continued. 

Mischa Barton (Photo by Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)

At the same time, The OC actress wants people to know that it alright to come forward and try to seek help if one finds themselves in a situation such as this. Lisa added in her comments, "Mischa wants everybody to know, and I want everybody to know, that if you are a victim of revenge porn you can go into court and get orders to protect you."

If you have any views or stories that you would like to share with us, drop us an email at writetous@meawwworld.com

About Author

Prerna Nambiar


Album review: Jack White is at his most playful, experimental best in Boarding House Reach
Liam Payne plays doting dad, shares rare photograph of son on his first birthday
Since when does Camila Cabello not play the guitar? Fans defend singer after she was mocked for fake playing on Ellen
Justin Bieber crashes idol Craig David's Los Angeles performance to show the R&B singer some love
Chrissy Teigen was asked why she didn't take husband John Legend's last name...she will never be asked that again!
John Cena says WWE is open to having transgender wrestlers..."as long as the story's good"
Death Grips announce new album 'Year of the Snitch'
Penelope Cruz lends her gorgeous light to Carpisa's Spring 2018 campaign
UNHCR Ambassador Cate Blanchett says time is running out for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh as monsoon season begins
Prince for rent: Here are five businessmen that paid Prince Charles a generous amount of money for his royal company


Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman are getting a divorce and it's going to be rough: Reports
Declan Donnelly has finally broken his silence following his best friend Ant McPartlin's arrest
A royal nightmare? Nude pics of Meghan Markle leaked, Kensington Palace calls them fake
Jonah Hill's brother Jordan Feldstein's cause of death has been confirmed
Dwayne Johnson posts emotional tribute to WWE legend Hulk Hogan: 'Suddenly I feel 16 again'