1. They love hanging around other people – they’re just not sexually attracted to them.
They could be highly social and are not loners like most people tend to assume.
2. They do have romantic feelings.
It’s not as if asexual people are hard - hearted robotic people. They do actually love others romantically, but don’t want to convert that into sex.
3. They might even have sexual urges – just not for other people.
They do spend a lot of alone time, and even find immense pleasure in helping themselves.
4. They are not depressed people!
Experts on Psychology Today say – “Someone who feels secure in the asexual identity would tell you that he or she is not depressed, sad, confused, repressed, traumatized or even exercising restraint."
5. It’s not the same as being a virgin.
If you haven’t had the chance to have sex, either because you’re very particular about the right person or because of religious reasons – don’t categorize yourself as asexual. Asexuals are very content not having sex, now or forever!